Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sen. Chambliss Thanks Backers for Their Efforts














Sen. Saxby Chambliss, who celebrated with supporters last evening in Atlanta following his victory in the run-off race with Jim Martin, sent out the following message a day after the election.


Greetings!

The day we have been working so hard for has finally arrived! Last night we showed the rest of the country that the conservative movement is still alive!

This victory would not have been possible without all of your hard work. Julianne and I were humbled and honored to have so many people working with us for victory.


With this historic victory behind us, we need to rebuild the party and get back to our principles that made us so great.

I will fight for smaller government, lower taxes, and individual freedoms, because that is what you sent me to Washington to do.


Thank you all for helping us achieve 57% of the vote in Georgia! I appreciate the hard campaign that my opponent ran, and wish him the best.


Now we need to focus on the future, and ensure that the America we know and love remains the free, safe, and secure country for our children and grandchildren.


Again, from the bottom of my heart I thank you for helping us achieve victory!


Thank you for your continued support and prayers.

No comments: